IMCIVREE recommended dosing1
- Periodically assess response to IMCIVREE therapy. In pediatric patients, evaluate the impact of weight loss on growth and maturation
- Evaluate weight loss after 12 to 16 weeks of treatment
- If a patient has not lost at least 5% of baseline body weight, or 5% of baseline BMI for patients with continued growth potential, discontinue IMCIVREE as it is unlikely that the patient will achieve and sustain clinically meaningful weight loss with continued treatment
BMI=body mass index.
*If starting dose is not tolerated, decrease to 1 mg once daily.
†If increased dose is not tolerated, revert to previous dose.
‡If 3-mg once-daily dose is not tolerated, maintain patient on 2 mg once daily.
§If starting dose is not tolerated, decrease to 0.5 mg once daily.
PREPARATION & ADMINISTRATION
MULTIPLE-DOSE VIAL FOR ONCE-DAILY SUBCUTANEOUS INJECTION1
- IMCIVREE should be injected at the beginning of the day, without regard to meals
- Patients who store their IMCIVREE in the refrigerator should remove it 15 minutes prior to administration, or warm the vial between their hands for 60 seconds before injecting
- IMCIVREE should be injected subcutaneously in the abdomen, thigh, or arm, rotating to a different site each day
See Instructions for Use for more information on administration
Protect from light. Do not freeze. Store in the original carton.
Store unopened vials in refrigerator at 2°C to 8°C (36°F to 46°F).
Open (in-use) vial
Opened vials can be stored at temperatures ranging from refrigerated to room temperature [2°C to 25°C (36°F to 77°F)] with brief excursions permitted up to 30°C (86°F).
Discard unused portion 30 days after first opening or if stored above 30°C (86°F).
Supplied as a multiple-dose vial
*If necessary, IMCIVREE may be stored at room temperature (≤30°C [≤86°F]) and then returned to refrigerator.
References: 1. IMCIVREE [prescribing information]. Boston, MA. Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 2. IMCIVREE [patient information]. Boston, MA. Rhythm Pharmaceuticals, Inc.